Published White Papers
- Levinson, D. (2015) Modernizing American Transportation Policy. Prepared for Conservative Reform Network.
- Zador, Paul and D. Levinson (2013) ￼Evaluating Perturbation Impact on Key Travel Models. Prepared for US Census Bureau by Westat.
- Levinson, David (2013) Enterprising Roads: Improving the Governance of America’s Highways. Reason Foundation.
- Kahn, Matt and David Levinson (2011) Fix It First, Expand It Second, Reward It Third: A New Strategy for America’s Highways. (Brief.) Brookings Institution.
- Levinson, D. and Emilia Istrate (2011) Access for Value: Financing Transportation Through Land Value Capture. Brookings Institution.
Published Research Summaries
- Levinson, D., Kanafani, A., and Gillen, D. (1999) Air, High-speed Rail, or Highway: A Cost Comparison in the California Corridor. Transportation Quarterly 53: 1 123-131.
- Levinson, D. (1998) Taxing Foreigners Living Abroad. Access #13; 16-21.
- Levinson, D. (1996) The Full Cost of Intercity Transportation. Access #9: 21-25.
- Levinson, D. and Kumar, A (1996) Gender and Travel: A Summary of Research. ITS Review, December
- Levinson, D. (2002) High-Speed Rail for California: The Unasked Questions. Cal-Tax Digest. May 2002
- Levinson, D. (1997) Can We Build Ourselves Out of Congestion? Some Questions to Think About. Marin Independent Journal. March 16, 1997 (Op-Ed Page)
Published Reports with Contributions
- Cambridge Systematics, Inc., Texas Transportation Institute, Dowling Associates, David Levinson (2012) NCHRP 08-36, Task 102: Assessing Alternative Methods for Measuring Regional Mobility in Metropolitan Regions
- TRB Committee on Equity Implications of Evolving Transportation Finance Mechanisms (2012) TRB Special Report 303: Equity of Evolving Transportation Finance Mechanisms (2011)
- Cambridge Systematics (2009) Moving Cooler: An Analysis of Transportation Strategies for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions (Appendix E: Equity)