Welcome to the latest issue of The Transportist, especially to our new readers. As always you can follow along at the transportist.org or on Twitter.
Transportist (the blog)
- Foreground: New infrastructure performance measures for Australian cities questioned:
- The State of Transport Education in Australia
- Submission: Redfern Station Southern Concourse
- Submission: Connected Liverpool 2050: Draft Local Strategic Planning Statement: A Land Use Vision to 2050
- Jeff Allen and Steven Farber (2019) Benchmarking Transport Equity in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA)
- Interview about Access Across Australia report by Jane Slack-Smith. Facebook
- I am presenting at the National Roads and Traffic Expo in Melbourne on September 18 at 15:30 about Designing and Evolving the 30-Minute City.
Papers by Us
- Cui, Mengying and Levinson, D. (2019) Measuring Full Cost Accessibility by Auto. Journal of Transport and Land Use. 12(1) 649-672. [doi]
- Transit and Microtransit
- What is “Microtransit” For?
- Sydneysiders stop to watch history roll along new-look George Street
- What would it take to build a tram network the size of Melbourne’s?
- Random: South-East Sydney Light Rail, Sydney Metro North-West & Other Unrelated Musings
- Sydney Trains commences Dwell Track trial to ease crowding, reduce delays
- Do QR Codes work for subways
- Newstart Opal card? Push to lower fares for those living on $40 a day
- Human-Driven Vehicles, Signs, Signals, Sensors, and Markings, and Roads
- ‘Worse than Cahill Expressway’: new WestConnex overpass condemned
- More motorists than forecast on M4
- Sydney gets ramp meters (50 years after Minneapolis – St. Paul)
- California Man’s Plot to Avoid Tickets With ‘NULL’ Vanity Plate Nets Him $12K in Fines
- Congestion is not the enemy
- Restrict Twice-As-Deadly SUVs In U.K. Cities, Urge Transport Data Scientists
- What kind of state values a freeway’s heritage above the heritage of our oldest living culture?
- Shared Vehicles/Ride-sharing/Ride-hailing/Taxis/Car Sharing/Parking Sharing
- Curbs and Footpaths and Crosswalks
- Land Use
- Australia’s building crisis fix will cost $6.2 billion: report
- ‘Very risky’: Expert fears over plans to move traffic-choked, overcrowded city [Jakarta to a new site for Indonesia’s capital]
- Retail, Wholesale, Logistics, Supply Chain, Freight
- Intercity Trains
- The new season of the ABC TV documentary about Australia’s favourite infrastructure agency, the National Building Authority, Utopia is out.
- Citizen Tram (1960s era film about Melbourne’s Public Transport)
Research by Others
- Marcus Credé, Sylvia G. Roch, Urszula M. Kieszczynka Class Attendance in College: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Relationship of Class Attendance With Grades and Student Characteristics
- Dill, Jennifer: Bicycle research 2019: More than helmets and head injuries
- Peter Spearritt (2014) Why Melbourne Kept Its Trams
- A Political Economy of Access. (2019) By David M. Levinson and David A. King (Book 4 in the Access Quartet)
- Elements of Access: Transport Planning for Engineers, Transport Engineering for Planners. (2018) By David M. Levinson, Wes Marshall, Kay Axhausen. (Book 3 in the Access Quartet)
- Spontaneous Access: Reflexions on Designing Cities and Transport (2016) by David Levinson. (Book 2 in the Access Quartet)
- The End of Traffic and the Future of Access: A Roadmap to the New Transport Landscape. (2017) By David M. Levinson and Kevin J. Krizek. (Book 1 in the Access Quartet)
- Metropolitan Transport and Land Use: Planning for Place and Plexus (2018) by David M. Levinson and Kevin J. Krizek.
- The Transportation Experience: Second Edition Garrison, William and Levinson, David (2014)
You must be logged in to post a comment.