The Transportationist 13 Most Popular Posts written in 2014 (note some 2013 posts were still popular):
- WE DON’T PAY ENOUGH FOR TRANSPORTATION August
- HIGHWAYS’ HIDDEN SUBSIDIES November
- ACCESS ACROSS AMERICA: TRANSIT 2014 October
- DEATH BY CAR: ARE YOU MORE LIKELY TO DIE FROM A CRASH OR BREATHING ITS TOXIC EMISSIONS? November
- DOGFOODING: WHY TRANSIT EMPLOYEES AND MANAGERS SHOULD USE TRANSIT August
- IT’S “ONLY” 5 MINUTES, OR GREEN LINE DELAY MONETIZED July
- EXTRAPOLATIONS IN TRAFFIC VS. REALITY December
- WHEN WILL WE REACH PEAK ROAD? January
- IT’S A SMALL MARKET, AFTER ALL. ES GIBT EINEN KLEINEN MARKT, UBER ALLES. December
- ALWAYS GREEN TRAFFIC CONTROL April
- THE hITE OF ABSURDITY: MINIMUM PARKING IN AN ERA OF DECLINING TRAFFIC January
- MOUNT TRANSIT, MOUNT AUTO, MOUNT NEXT February
- PEAK SHOPPING AND THE DECLINE OF TRADITIONAL RETAIL February
There is really two types of posts that seemed to be especially popular. One I will call “car subsidized” (1, 2, 4), the other “car over/future of transportation” (6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13). The car is of course neither all bad nor all good, it is a technology and is used and misused all the time, like anything. The car is not quite over yet either, but its trajectory in the US has mostly flatlined. Also some “transit should be better” (3, 5, 6, 10)
This is out of about 300 posts . Of course you should not just be a dedicated follower of fashion and read the top 13, you should read them all.
David King also started posting in the Fall, so I expect to see his posts in this list next year.
The Transportationist’s most popular posts of 2013 may also be of interest. (I did 39 on last year list, so I am 67% more discerning this year). Note, my biggest posts last year were much bigger than my biggest posts in 2013.
Streets.mn also has a list of popular posts; all my posts for streets.mn are cross-listed here, but tend to get views over there.
You must be logged in to post a comment.