Winter break is coming up. That means it is time to read. It is also time to be-gift your favorite transportationists with books. A student asked what transportation books he should read. That of course depends. I have read and liked the following.
- Human Transit – Jarrett Walker [review]
- The Transit Metropolis – Robert Cervero
- Down the Tube: the Battle for London’s Underground – Christian Wolmar (really anything by Christian Wolmar, hopefully the next Mayor of London)
- Mr. Beck’s Underground Map – Ken Garland (really anything on London by Capital Transport)
- Twin Cities by Trolley: The Streetcar Era in Minneapolis and St. Paul – John Diers
Tell me your recommendations for Transit books in the comments …
You must be logged in to post a comment.